Ethanol-Still-Plans.com

ethanol_still_plans

Sugar Beet Ethanol

 
Contact

Still Plans

Corn Mash

Boiling Point Ethanol

Sugar Beet Ethanol

Fermentation

Prohibition

Moonshine

History

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ethanol is a high octane fuel, that is most commonly used as a gasoline additive and or extender. Ever since the late 1070ís, methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE) has been used to replace lead, and is the primary gasoline additive in the United States.

Sugar Beet Ethanol is cheap and high in sugar that turns into a quick 18% alcohol,

More recently, several states have banned the use of MTBE as a gasoline additive, due to problems with the environment, such as groundwater contamination. With both the banning of MTBE in some states, and the surging prices for petroleum based fuels, the need for ethanol production in the United States is dramatically increasing. Sugar Beet Ethanol was part of the answer!

Sugar Beet vary high in sugar,

Sugar Beet Ethanol may be produced from carbohydrates, such as sugar, starch and cellulose by fermentation, most often using yeast.

Most of the production of ethanol comes from two primary sources, grain crops, most often corn and wheat, and also sugar crops, including sugarcane, sugar beets, or molasses.

Sugar Beet Ethanol and how it will save you on gas

Approximately 60 percent of the worlds ethanol production comes from sugar crops. The remaining 40 percent uses grain crops. Obviously the choice way to produce ethanol is based on the least expensive crop available to ethanol producers in a particular country.

Currently in the United States, corn in the dominant feedstock being used to produce ethanol. Corn based ethanol accounts for about 97 percent of the total ethanol produced in the United States.

 

 

 

The United States produced 3.9 billion gallons in 2005. Those figures were up from 3.4 billion gallons in 2004.

Another example, Brazil produced 4.2 billion gallons of ethanol in 2005, which was up from 4.0 billion gallons in 2004. Production of ethanol in Brazil comes from sugar and molasses from sugarcane.

The majority of ethanol produced by countries other than the United States uses sugar crops as the primary feedstocks. Sugarcane is used the most, although several countries use sugar beets as the main ingredient in ethanol production. Seeing as how feedstock costs are the number one cost item in the production of ethanol, there is a low market price for the sugar crops in these country, compared to the United States, which means that it is the most economical way to produce ethanol.

Sugar beets are grown and harvested in many states, including Minnesota, North Dakota, Michigan, and Idaho. These states account for about 80 percent of total U.S. production. Crops are processed to produce the final product which is white, refined sugar. Sugar beets process directly into refined sugar, while sugarcane must first be processed into raw sugar, then later, refined into white sugar. Again, making the process of sugar beet ethanol much more economical.

The yield of ethanol from sugarcane weighing in at one ton, would be approximately 19.5 gallons. The yield of ethanol from sugar beets at the same starting weight of one ton would be approximately 24.8 gallons. There are ongoing studies on converting both sugarcane and sugar beet, and corn into ethanol.

Keep in mind, the price of ethanol is determined by a number of factors, one being the price of gasoline, and secondly the price of production.

 

Written by K. Donovan, Freelance Writer

More About Ethanol Still Plans

Alcohol-Still-Plans

 

     
     

 

 © Ethanol-Still-Plans.com 2013